The training we offer is similar to learning CPR on many levels — people don’t only take CPR because someone in their family is ill. They take it to be prepared in an unexpected emergency situation.
Similarly, learning about mental health and suicide will prepare you to help loved ones, friends, and neighbors in case of a crisis.
Because Montana ranks within the top five states for suicide, learning this information is all the more important. The likelihood that you’ll run into someone having a hard time is much higher. We want to make sure everyone in our piece of the Treasure State is prepared and willing to help.
Question-Persuade-Refer (QPR) – two hours
Learn how to save a life from suicide AND earn a $5 gift card for attending! These free, 2-hour sessions of the suicide prevention training QPR are intended for anyone 18 years old and over. It will teach participants the skills they need to help friends, neighbors, and loved ones who are struggling with thoughts of suicide. You must attend the entire training to receive a gift card. The training is brought to you in partnership with the Awareness Network, which is generously providing gift cards to attendees. More training will be added shortly.
- Thurs., Feb. 25 at 12 p.m.: Held virtually, register at https://bit.ly/QPRFeb25MT
- Wed., March 10 at 12 p.m.: Held virtually, register at https://bit.ly/QPRMarch10
- Tues., March 23 at 5:30 p.m.: Held virtually, register at https://bit.ly/QPRMarch23
- Tues., April 13 at 5:30 p.m.: Held virtually, register at https://bit.ly/QPRApril13
- Fri., April 30 at 12 p.m.: Held virtually, register at https://bit.ly/QPRApril30
- Tues., May 11 at 5:30 p.m.: Held virtually, register at https://bit.ly/QPRMay11